17 January 2009

"I'm so excited!"

Maybe C was a member of the Pointer Sisters in a former life. "I'm so excited!" is all I've heard this morning. He's always had a special place in his heart for his cousin S. And I admit, I have also. I love all my neices and nephews, but every little girl in this family is extra special to me, since I don't have my own.


We are having Jon's brother and his family over for dinner tonight. It's just gonna be homemade pizza and veggies and cupcakes, but they are our first dinner guests in our new home. So, I guess I agree with C that it is kinda exciting.

Jon's brother and his wife are among my favorite people in the universe. I have always loved Jason, (he's an easy guy to love) and I love Amy because she's Jason's perfect match. I really couldn't ask for better for my favorite brother-in-law.

We've been fortunate to live relatively close to them for several years now. But as I'm sure you know, life gets in the way. When we made the move before this one, I had the ridiculous notion that we'd finally be able to get together every week. HA! I did get to see them a bit more as I did some babysitting for their daughter last winter and spring, but we only were really able to get together a couple of times beyond that. We had a running joke that we'd only really see each other if my in-laws came to town. And that's true.

So we just wanted to be able to have them out to the house as soon as possible and I guess tonight works. Jason was here with Jon the week before we moved in, but that didn't count. :)

So we'll hope to see them this afternoon, have dinner around 5pm. I hope to get some pics of the kiddos especially and I'll try to post them next week.

"I'm so excited to see S, Mom."

"Do you know that today's the day, Mom??"
"Since it isn't snowing hard, they can still come, right Mom?"

Excitement is contagious. Especially from a six year old!

No comments: