12 January 2009

Count your blessings!

"When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed.
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one.
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done."

That's the first verse of a hymn that we grew up singing in church. As I was just reading a blog about how hard this economy has been for some, it made me remember that once again, I am very blessed.

To actually count my blessings would bore you to tears, I am sure; so we will go with my Top 10 for this morning.

#1. The house is quiet as I am home alone for the first time in four days.

#2. Jon has a job in this economic time; in fact, his boss says that right now things are busier than they have been for some time.

#3. We have two vehicles, and the one still has working heat, so no one HAS to go anywhere in the one without.

#4. We are relatively settled into our first home.

#5. Both boys have seemed to adjust to their new schools well.

#6. Both sets of parents are well. Our boys can still have relationships with the four of them.

#7. My siblings and I are fortunate enough to have grandparents still living. That's important to my boys too.

#8. That our furnace runs well with the bitterly cold temps that we are expecting starting tomorrow.

#9. The refrigerator is full.

#10. That my Jesus loves me!

1 comment:

Missy said...

Even though I have many things going wrong right now, I am sure I could easily come up with a list of a bazillion blessings.
Thanks for the reminder.