28 April 2009

Thankful Tuesday!

"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18



I have to tell you that I am *so* thankful to have received the news that Stellan gets to go home today! Now, I don't *know* Mckmama, as a matter of fact, I just started following her blog right before Stellan was admitted to the hospital; but I stalked her blog regularly for updates on the little guy. I prayed fervently that God would use Stellan's situation to reach people and that Mckmama would have peace. And God did one better than that (isn't that just like Him??), He allowed Stellan to be well enough to go home to his brothers and sister! Pray for Mckmama and Stellan that they make it home safely today.......



It seems silly to be thankful for the weather, but after three days of either rain or gloom here in Wisconsin, I was beyond thrilled to have the sun shining when I woke up! Now if I just had energy to transplant all those lilies in my backyard.....



Another thing that tops the list today is our kitchen plumbing situation. We had inherited (apparently) a pretty backed up pipe from the sink drain. It had always run slowly from day one, but last week just stopped. Gah! After several days of frustration on the part of my husband, we had a plumber scheduled to come out yesterday. We couldn't afford the bill, but it was seeming that it was our only option. Or maybe not. Thanks to a miracle product (2 bottles, actually) we were able to cancel the plumber and avoid the bill. That is a pretty big "thanks!"



I am thankful for my church family. We left our church last summer, due to some leadership issues, and spent the next 8 months at a church with 1500 members. Now, I'm not knocking big churches; they have many pluses over small ones, but one aspect that I just couldn't get past was not being missed. No one knew whether we were at the mega church from week to week or not; even though we did know a small handful of people there, it was so big that you may not run into those people from week to week.



So, this last week, with our hat in our hand, so to speak, we went back to our 50 member church. And we were greeted like the prodigal son. Now, don't get me wrong; some of the issues that contributed to our leave still exist, but we've just committed to serving our Lord and ignoring the junk. But it was so nice to be greeted with "welcome home" rather than "why are you here?"



I'm thankful for my blogging friends. Most of them I have yet to meet IRL, but in this day and age, I guess that doesn't matter so much. They have each touched my life in a way that makes a difference for me and I am so thankful!



And lastly, I am thankful for the dandelion. While it is an incredible nuisance, it is also a definite fixture of SPRING and that is wonderful!


Oh, and a special thanks to my friend Esther, over at The Mommy Diaries. Because of her posts for Menu Plan Monday, my family and I are going to get to try the yummy burritos from this weeks post tonight! Thanks, friend! I can't wait! (I haven't had breakfast yet and am STARVING, can you tell?? LOL)

3 comments:

Helen said...

I had to giggle at your remarks about the 1,500 member "mega-church". We attend one with 16,000 members. It was a tough adjustment going to that after growing up in a church with about 100 people on a really good Sunday (aka Christmas and Easter).

Missy said...

PTL! Welcome home Stellan!


I glanced at those burritos. They look delicious AND easy. We may just have to try those.

Esther said...

Hey, thanks for the shout-out, friend! I have to agree, I was really thankful for the sunshine today too. We soaked up some Vitamin D this afternoon, that's for sure. Let me know how your Burritos were! :-)
(Hehehehe just looked at my word verification: coforker. Does that mean we eat together?)