27 April 2009

Not Me! Monday!


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

***Due to Stellan's medical issues, you won't find a recent Not Me! Monday! post by Mckmama...continue to pray for Stellan!***

As for me, there are several things that I have have not done this week, so let me tell you!

First of all, I did not stay home from church last week and spend the entire day watching the USA marathon of Law and Order CI. And while we are on the subject, I didn't suggest to the boys that they take in a day of cartoons either. Nope, not me.

I absolutely did not get a bee in my bonnet this last week about "what must be under that dining room carpet" and then spend the next SIX hours ripping up said carpet, removing staples and tack strip and scrubbing on my hands and knees by myself. And I didn't get knocked on my butt trying to get the roll of carpet through a doorway either. I am pretty sure that I was not at all pleased with Jon's reaction to what I had done when he arrived home also. That's just how I am. I don't do things to get attention. Nope, not me.

I did not sit in the middle school parking lot for over TWENTY minutes one day this week waiting for Matthew to get out of track practice. While waiting, I did not suggest to Caleb that he climb in the front seat to see what is in the glove box and then get irritated when he proceded to empty the glove box and ask me TWENTY MILLION questions about its contents. Nope, not me. And while we are on the subject, I did not get slightly snippy with Matthew for being late either. ("Coach was on the phone, Mom.") Nope, not me. I have the patience of a saint.

After the garbage disposal backed up on Tuesday afternoon, I did not suggest to Jon that we needed a plumber. He of course, took my suggestion and called right away. And when the fourth day of not being able to use my kitchen sinks at ALL came and went, I did not ever so gently remind him that I HAD SUGGESTED that he call a plumber. Nope, not me.

Yesterday, while we were at Wal-Mart after church, we did not end up down the wrong aisle of a store undergoing major changes while looking for craft sticks for a project for Matthew. And that aisle did not contain a product called Liquid Lightning, which, after two bottles, did not clear the plumbing problem that we had since Tuesday. Jon did not immediately cancel the plumber's visit for today, and I did not eat half of a twelve inch pepperoni pizza in celebration. Nope, not me.

Whew.

1 comment:

Esther said...

You had a busy week of not doing things! I know how it is to rip up carpet, but then I had my husband's help...

To answer your question about the Burritos--I heat up the beans, because the frying process goes quickly and sometimes doesn't heat the beans all the way through. And they're easier to spread too. Enjoy!