01 April 2009

A journey of a thousand miles

begins with a single step. Is that the saying?? It's something like that.

Anyway, this morning I discovered that someone had taken a picture of me when we were cleaning up the yard this past Saturday.

I groaned and posted it anyway. The one that I'm sure you're glad I didn't post is the back shot of me. I'm going to hold an interrogation after school and see if I can get the photographer to confess.

But I have to admit to needing to see full length shots of myself on "film". Makes that "little bit of extra weight" a lot harder to deny.

Oh, and since I'm laying it out there, according to the "charts", that little bit of extra weight is now just over SIXTY pounds. *faint*

So here we are. Something *must* be done. I caught a glimpse of myself in a full-length mirror in the hotel at retreat, was disgusted for all of 5 minutes and promptly "forgot" about it. Or chose to spend time floating down Egypt's most famous river...whatever.

The point is, my single step this morning was to walk 1.36 miles. (How do I know it was *that* far?) I would have walked farther except the wind is FIERCE and I still have that nagging left inner thigh injury.

But some is better than none, right?

Oh, and the scale this morning said 191.5.......kill me.

1 comment:

Missy said...

You can do it!!c