1. Today is Caleb's ninth birthday. I believe it and yet I don't, all at the same time. When he crawled up into my lap this morning, I commented on how big he's getting and he said "Yeah, Mom, I'm not your baby boy anymore." "Um, yeah you are, you're just not A BABY anymore." He's chosen spaghetti for dinner, no surprise, and then we're going to Chuck E. Cheese tomorrow.
2. I'm so tired. Everything's making me weepy or giggly or both. It's lovely.
3. I'm more excited than I probably should be to be able to sleep in tomorrow morning. If I'm awake before 7am, I'm gonna be ticked.
4. I'm super curious as to why the parking lot at work was never really plowed after the storm we had on Sunday. It's a total mess now.
5. I really want our federal tax refund to come this weekend so I can start shopping for a new stove and refrigerator. We're not going top of the line just yet, as we wanna gut and redo the whole kitchen someday, but it'll be like getting a newer used car...broken in but not broken down. Yay!
6. I need some new music for my playlist. I've run to the same tunes for the past three days and I'm already sick of them.
7. Two more weeks till retreat and the music isn't even close to done. I really need to get on that.
Have a great weekend!
See more Quick Takes here.