18 August 2008

Sometimes, it's necessary.


Today, we tied the hottest day of the summer so far. We have air-conditioning, but it's not central air, so it's pretty expensive to run. So we try not to do that, as a giant hit in the electric bill is not really in the cards right now.

So, when J gets home from work tonight, it's about 88* outside and at least that inside. He asks what we are having for dinner. I just casually mention that I think that we need to have ice cream. Surprisingly, he agrees, takes everybody's order and heads for the local ice cream place.

About 15 minutes later, both boys and I are all sitting on the living room floor in front of the fan enjoying our ice cream for dinner. It really hit the spot.

Thankfully, a cold front moved through about an hour later and tomorrow is only supposed to reach the high 70's. While I am just fine with that for August, that does mean that I will have to make dinner.

No comments: