21 August 2008

Silence is golden.

Gloriously, it's 8:36 am and the only noises are the fan in the window, the hum of the pc and the clicks of my typing. Do you know what this means?!?! It means that C is still asleep. And if you know that kid, you'll know that a thing like that is nothing short of a miracle. I don't know if his cold is turning a corner or if he was just plain exhausted, but whatever it is, it works for me.

This is the child that because of his evacuation 4 weeks early at birth, wasn't really interested in eating at all. In fact, all he wanted to do was sleep. So, we'd have to wake him just to make sure that he ate.

But the time he is two months, he's interested in eating AND sleeping. And he would nap like it was going out of style. And that was one thing that I didn't do with his brother. I thought, at 21, that I was smarter than the books and advice and I didn't sleep when M slept. So, I have to tell you that M's first year is kind of a blur to me. So, I was sure to follow the 'sleep when the baby sleeps' advice the second time around.

C liked sleep so well that the summer before he went to K, I had to wean him off of naps. That was a painful process for him and for me. I guess if nothing else, kindergarten showed that kid that he didn't need a nap. And he started getting up earlier and earlier. And earlier. For the last year, that kid has been on a wake-up time of between 6:00 and 6:30 no matter what time he goes to bed. So sleeping till after 8 is nothing short of a miracle.

Although, school starts in a week and a half, so we'll be back to having to get up before 7am. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!

No comments: