29 August 2008

A long weekend......


and thank goodness. With school starting next week, we need it to get geared up!


Pushing back bedtimes so that they are reasonable for Tuesday night has gone fairly well. In fact, C has adjusted so well that he won't be a problem to get out of bed on Wednesday. He's been up before he needs to be the last two mornings. M on the other hand, probably will. He's always been my sleeper and it's just getting more so the older he gets. Oh well. The bus comes when it comes and he'll need to be ready. He'll probably be blurry-eyed and putting on his shoes while waiting for the bus, but he'll be there.


We find out today who the boys' teachers are. I have an opinion for C, we'll see if I get it. There are only two options this year for grade 6, so M's possibilities are already 50/50. I don't think that he cares. He would like to be in the same class as his buddy, but I am completely hesitant about that. E's not a bad kid, but in school, he tends to get into trouble. And I don't need M mixed up in that this early. I know that M knows enough of right vs. wrong to stay out of trouble if he and E do end up together, but why invite trouble? We'll see. Everything will work out. It has to.


We should probably have a plan for a family activity this weekend. Maybe we'll just pack a picnic and head to the park. We did that at the start of summer and it worked out really well. Maybe we'll just do a 'last hurrah' as far as the pool goes. We'll see.


Finally, I want to pass on a big ole "Congrats!!" to my friend Larz. He and his fiancee', Sara, are to be married tomorrow. I'm thrilled that he has found someone to share his life with and I pray that their marriage is everything they dream!


Have a great labor day weekend!

No comments: