24 August 2009

grant me patience

I know a couple of moms who aren't ready to send the kids back to school. They just *love* having the kids around so much that they can't stand the thought of putting the little darlings on the bus.

In case the title to this post wasn't clear, I'm not one of those mothers.

I can't wait for the bright shiny bus to pull up to the mailbox next Tuesday. I can't wait to celebrate the silence by pouring myself a cup of coffee and turning on the news, rather than having to endure hours of cartoon voices coming from the next room.

Don't misunderstand me here, we've had a great summer. We saw countless family members, made new friends...in some respects, summer wasn't long enough. But the last few days have been really difficult. The boys are sick of each other, frankly. I am looking forward to the additional interaction with friends for them. I am sick to death of them fighting with one another and arguing over who gets to hold the kitten. Not that she wants to be held, mind you. I look forward to the time they spend peacefully playing after dinner because they haven't seen each other all day. Not the whining that occurs when I declare that the television needs to be off for the sake of the electric bill and "no, your gameboy is not an outside toy."

My only regret is that we do not live in the states that allow school to start before Labor Day. We are starting "early" due to Labor Day being so late, but it frankly isn't early enough for me.

Tuesday can't come fast enough. Please, tell me I'm not the only one who NEEDS school to start!!

Now, if I can just find a job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Memememememe! I need school to start!