02 February 2009

Comments for Cans, Week 2.



I'd say Comments for Cans was fairly successful in week 1.

Wait, what? Oh, okay. In case you haven't the foggiest idea what it is I'm talking about, I will give a brief recap.

For every comment that my blog posts receive this week, my family and I will donate one canned good or non-perishable item to our local food bank.

We had 12 comments last week (thank you!!), so yesterday afternoon with our regular shopping, twelve extra items found their way into the cart. ("That's a lot of macaroni and cheese, Mom.")

For the record, it wasn't my idea, but a fellow blogger, at Mom Revolution. It was suggested as just a small way to give to those in need. And a great way, I might add.

Hungry families in my community thank you.

Let the commenting begin!

No comments: