19 February 2009

25 Things…..about my kids.

I know that I did this meme about myself on Facebook and I have also done it here. But I was tagged by the blogger at The Mommy Diaries, so I thought it’d be fun to play along. There won’t be 25 tags with this one though; just two: Helen and Missy. Come on, ladies- play along!


Here goes…..

1. Matthew David was born on his great-grandfather Hancock’s birthday.

2. He was born 4 days early and weighed 6lbs, 6oz at birth.

3. Caleb Nathaniel was born on his great Auntie Margaret’s birthday.

4. He was born 30 days early and weighed 5lbs, 10 oz at birth.

5. Both births were scheduled inductions. Matthew’s because my bp was going up. Caleb’s because my bp had been up since the 20th week.

6. Matthew is so like me that it is scary sometimes. Most of that is good, but some of that causes us to disagree.

7. Caleb figures that there isn’t a rule on the planet that actually applies to him. Imagine his dismay when he is informed that his information is inaccurate.

8. Matthew was 22 days old on my 22nd birthday.

9. He and I had our “golden birthdays” the same year.

10. Matthew is a slow poke in the morning. He’d enjoy school much more if it started at noon.

11. Caleb is 100% awake from the minute his eyes are open. Doesn’t matter if it’s 2am or 5am, he thinks he needs to get out of bed.

12. When I had the lunch supervisor position, Matthew would always come and give me a hug and a kiss on the cheek before he went back to class. Even in front of his friends.

13. Caleb couldn’t have cared less if I was there.

14. Caleb didn’t think twice about putting a pink, glittery Bratz tattoo on his hand yesterday. Jon was thrilled.

15. Matthew loves to read. He started reading the Harry Potter series in 2nd grade and has read the series through five or six times.

16. Caleb sleeps with so many stuffed friends that he fell out of bed last week. I think that the current number is six.

17. Matthew was given a giant stuffed rabbit by my grandmother when Caleb was born. He named her Anna.

18. Anna still sleeps on Matthew’s bed to this day. She’ll probably go to college with him.

19. Speaking of college, Matthew has already narrowed down his choices to my alma mater, Olivet Nazarene University, or the University of Michigan.

20. Caleb tells me that he plans to live here forever.

21. Matthew will one day think I hung the moon and the next day look at me like he wants me dead. The teen years are going to be a blast. NOT!

22. Caleb is mischievous. You can see it in his eyes.

23. Matthew loves science and math. He excels at them also. He gets that from Jon.

24. Caleb will be seven next week and his belief in Santa and the Tooth Fairy are still going strong. I am in no hurry for that to change.

25. I didn’t think that I really wanted to be the mother of boys, but I can tell you that it is the best gig in the world!!

1 comment:

Esther said...

Thanks for playing along! I loved learning about your kids. Caleb and Ethan sound like two peas in a pod!