04 January 2011

a sock, a tape measure and sixteen cents

It's that time again.

All the Christmas decorations are back in the basement and I'm looking at my living room wondering how long it's been since it was cleaned.

I mean really cleaned.

So that's what I set out to do yesterday. And of course, it turned into a much bigger project than I anticipated.

Almost three hours kind of big. For one room.

I will spare you the gory details and no, I didn't take any pictures of the piles of hair, dust and crumbs. But I will tell you that removing the furniture cushions is a bit of a risk around here. You never know what you might find.

In this case, I found a sock belonging to the youngest member of the family, a ten foot tape measure that is used most often by said member to "measure the cat's tail, mom", countless candy and granola bar wrappers (naughty children, eating in the living room....) and sixteen cents.

I'm keeping the money.

1 comment:

Kate Gef said...

I just want to say that I love your posts. You nearly always make me smile! :)