04 January 2010

On the Menu Monday

Happy Monday to you! Woohoo! I'm feeling extra cheery this morning because Christmas break is OVER!

I thought I'd share a recipe with you this week that I'd forgotten about. It's one my Mom used to make when we were kids, but since I never got the recipe from her, my own kids had never eaten it. That is until Mom made it for us on Christmas Eve.
"Monkey Bread? Is it made of monkeys, grandma?" She told him no, monkeys eat it.

Let me warn you to beware of imitators. This is the best recipe for Monkey Bread on the planet. Trust me. The internet is full of copy cat attempts, and we've tried (and didn't like) most of them. But you'll love this one, I promise!


Monkey Bread



4 tubes (7.5 oz each) biscuits

1- 3/4 cup sugar, divided

2-1/2 Tablespoons cinnamon, divided

3/4 c. (1 and 1/2 sticks) butter


Cut all biscuits into quarters and coat with 3/4 c. of the sugar mixed with 1 T. cinnamon.

Place in greased tube pan.

Boil together the butter and remaining sugar/ cinnamon mixture and pour over biscuits.


Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes.


Amazing!

1 comment:

Esther said...

Right. Thanks. Now I'm drooling.