28 May 2009

Relentless

Relentless adj. 1 harsh; pitiless 2 not letting up; persistent.

Thanks to a push from a post by my blog friend, Helen, (and her very cute workout crew) I was inspired and purchased Jillian Michaels' 30-day shred DVD over the weekend.

I am proud to say that I am 4 days into Level one, and although sore, I am not dead yet. LOL When I told a friend of mine about my recent workout endeavor, her response was "Man, good for you; Jillian is relentless."




Being described as "TV's toughest trainer", I'm sure she relishes being described as persistent; maybe not so much the harsh part. She pushes you and gets results; it's obvious by the fact that her contestant has been the winner of the grand prize on the Biggest Loser tv show for the past several "seasons". She knows the results of working hard, not letting up, not taking the easy way out.

While I want to be relentless myself to get the best body I can, I am also struck by that maybe I need to be relentless in other areas of my life also.

Maybe I need to have a relentless attitude toward seeing that my children accept Christ's way for their lives and follow Him. Not to shove it down their throats, but through example, make sure they know that relationship with Him is possible and the ultimately the best way to live.

Maybe I need to be more focused on being the best ME that I can be, so that in turn, I can be a more patient and understanding wife and mom. Maybe it is true that the best thing I can do for my children is to first take care of me and second, nurture my relationship with their dad. Not to the detriment of my boys, but for them. Take the time for an outing with friends, continue to have a Saturday morning breakfast date with Jon. (That's getting to be the highlight of my week, I tell you!) Simply to do what I need to do for ME so that I in turn can give to them.

And all things being equal, I'm really enjoying getting in the tough workout.

3 comments:

Helen said...

Welcome to the Shred Jen :) If you haven't already, make sure you take measurements! I haven't noticed much on the scale but I've been losing inches like crazy.

And I love how tied this in with other areas of our life we should be relentless with. Bravo!

Esther said...

Good for you, Jen! I'm not quite ready to take the plunge, think I'm going to stick with my walks to the library. But I will be relentless in the other areas of my life, for sure! Great post!

amanda said...

love the post. and i've only heard painful things about the shred!!