25 May 2009

Not Me! Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Matthew had a band concert this last week. He did NOT tell me at the last minute that he was playing a special trumpet duet with his band instructor. I of course, did NOT "Woohoo!" incredibly loudly at the conclusion of said duet, to the dismay of Caleb because, "Mom, that was loud!" Not me!

I also did NOT get a little emotional during the marching band preview, seeing my kid in the band. Huh. Maybe I DON'T need to get out more, huh?

My in-laws came to town for the concert. That invokes the tradition of dinner out beforehand. When my mother-in-law made a comment about how much food Matthew can put away, Jon said to her, "mom, don't you remember myself and Scott D. at twelve?" She replied that she did, and "Oh, by the way, you wouldn't know S (his mom? or sister, I can't remember for sure), she looks even older than Lois." (her friend of 25+ years who was sitting across the table and had just bought dinner for all of us....who, btw, in my opinion, while a few short years older, looks younger than her "friend", my MIL.)

I, of course, do NOT burst into hysterical laughter at the look on Auntie Lois' face as she tried her best to feign insult and my MIL tries her best to recover said social gaffe.

Geez, with friends like that.......

Oh, and for the record, I did NOT see the name of a certain blogging buddy of mine* (whom I have yet to meet!) in the concert program and then spend most of the concert trying my best to discreetly scan the crowd for her. Only of course, for it to dawn on me the next morning that I wouldn't have seen her anyway, as she was out of town.....duh.

*(if you know who you are, and hopefully you do, can you PLEASE confirm (or deny) that it was you listed in the program?!? It's NOT been driving me batty.....)

1 comment:

amanda said...

oh i miss band!! :0)and what a comment that mil made. lol. oops. i wouldn't have laughed either!!