14 August 2008

Lots of productivity.

J got up to go to the bathroom at 4:30. Now, prior to the birth of our first son, Hiroshima could occur next to my bed and I would stay asleep. Then our son is born, and suddenly, I hear every little noise. And it only got worse once there were two boys in the room next door.

So I feel him get out of bed and I ask him if he's okay. He replies that he is, and then does what he needs to do down the hall. A few minutes later, he's back, settled in and starting to snore. I toss and turn for a few minutes and then decide that I might as well get up.

Fastforward to 8:00 am. The boys are still at grandma's, so today there's no fear of C getting up as soon as I crawl into bed. J leaves for work, so that's what I do; climb back into bed. Only to be awaken by the lawnmower just before 10am.

Now, granted, I needed to be up, but I was no where near happy waking up to that noise. As I contemplate the tasks that I want to get done today, I have a chat with my sis, who lives 400 miles away. Computer instant messaging is great, we've taken advantage of it for several days.

Then I load up all the laundry in need of washing and head to the laundromat. It's a lot quieter in there on a Thursday afternoon than a Saturday afternoon.

With that done, I go straight to the grocery store. I end up grabbing a water and a Snickers bar, since my breakfast I ate before six am has worn off. Back to home to unload and put all of those away, and then downtown to the library I go.

Now if you read my blog last week, you know that I am new to the library system in my city. I decided that I might as well take advantage of my solitude and head there to peruse at my leisure. I have a bit of irritation spending $1 to "park" in the ramp downtown and then it being so full. After I was on level 3, I gave up and went to the parking lot in the front of the library. I was pleasantly surprised to see that there is plenty of metered parking in front of the library. So I drop three quarters in the meter and off I go.

I have discovered that the main library must share all of their materials with several other library branches in the county. So, there isn't near the variety of the authors that I read as at the library in the last city I lived in. Oh well. I was able to find a newer book by an author that my Mom recommended and I enjoy, and some books for each of the boys.

It didn't take me the hour and 15 minutes that I put in the meter. Hopefully someone was able to use what was left.

And then I get home from the library and there is a message from J. He talked to his mom and the boys won't be home until after 6pm tomorrow.

So now, since I was so productive today, I can do whatever I like tomorrow.


No comments: