12 January 2011

run, forrest, run

In a concentrated effort to get healthy in 2011, I've been using the treadmill. I started out two weeks ago just walking for thirty minutes at 3.3 miles per hour (on average).


For the last three workouts, I've run twenty minutes of sprints. First 30 seconds, then forty five, and today one minute. With ninety seconds of walking in between. At 4.4 miles per hour on average. I'm short and have a pretty short stride, so 4.4 is pretty fast.

This morning, I didn't use my inhaler before I worked out and I didn't even die. Obviously.


All in the name of progress, I suppose.

In other news, I've recently discovered the ability to get my khaki work pants on *and* off without unbuttoning them or unzipping them. Guess it's time to think about going shopping for new pants.

Jon's suggestion to the above is to get a belt. That isn't nearly as much fun.

I'll admit, I've been on the scale three times since this post. And I've been up and down with the reading. I'm this close to throwing the darn thing in the trash. Bad habits are hard to break, but I don't know why I keep getting on the stupid thing if it's gonna dictate my day. Blech.

One step forward at a time. I'd really like to be rid of my double digit pant size by late spring/ early summer.


I had lunch with Carrie the other day and we ate at Applebees and I ate one of the "under 550 calorie" meals. It wasn't bad. That measly little steak was little, but tasty. The broccoli was totally over-steamed, but the potatoes weren't bad. I fed Justin his applesauce so his mother could eat her food warm, so that meant I ate more slowly that I may have otherwise. I think that helped.


If only I could give up macaroni and cheese.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was on one of those weight management sites and they said a belt is for decoration, not to keep your pants up!!! LOL

But the new pants!!!