29 December 2009

stunning

When my brother married his girlfriend this past April, he became daddy to a 4 year old girl. She's blond, sweet, dramatic, determined and ornery- everything he deserves.


She speaks her mind too.


She was asking Mom what was for dessert and so I called her over to me, thinking I was going to let her in on the information that there were cookies in another room.

As she climbs up on my lap, the first thing that comes out of her mouth is "You're looking kinda old, you know."

Even if it's true, it's Christmas. Santa was still watching her like a hawk. Not that she cared.

I'm stunned, so all I can say is "alright. No cookies for you then."


I realize that she's four and so to her, I really should be looking into becoming a member of AARP in the new year, but still.


She went crying to Mom about how I told her she couldn't have a cookie and Mom told her that maybe if she said she was sorry, I'd change my mind.


Which of course, I did. I may be old, but I'm not completely heartless. ;)

Kids.

1 comment:

Esther said...

Hmmmm. I can see the family resemblance.

;-)