23 June 2009

The waiting is the hardest part

We have several things that we are, in one way or another, all waiting on in this house.

Jon is anxiously counting down the days till vacation. He's pretty burned out, so it's affecting everyone and everything around him. He'll nearly change personalities as soon as we pull in the driveway at my Mom and Dad's on Sunday.

I am anxiously awaiting getting to see the rest of my family. Seven months between visits is a long time. Now, to be fair, I have seen my parents this year, but I haven't seen my brother. And I only saw my sister long enough on Saturday to pick up her son and eat lunch together. I always look forward to getting to spend time with family and eat Mom's cooking!

And then there's that little impending matter of the birth of my brother's son. You know, not that I have been counting the weeks since I learned that his girlfriend (she's his wife now!) was expecting. Last I heard, baby dude was determined to stay put; my sister-in-law had even gone on a walk last night to try and trigger labor- no dice on that one. Huh. Maybe little man is waiting for Auntie Jen to arrive?! Hey- a girl can dream, can't she?

Caleb waited for days for Sean to arrive. The wait nearly killed him, I have to tell you. Now that we're on the third full day of Sean being here, they are still having a good time; but the honeymoon is definitely over. I've spent time documenting everything that we have done on film so that Sean can have a scrapbook of his visit to show my sister next week. The list of things so far is long and exhausting. Well, maybe only exhausting for me, LOL.

And the biggest wait of all for me is the news of my Dad's test results today. When I talked to him on Sunday, he said that his appointment was at 3:30 EST and that he and Mom had made a list of people to call from the car leaving the office. He said that he's pretty sure that I'm on that list. Haha. To which I responded "well, if I'm not, I know where you live!"

God, grant me patience, but HURRY!

1 comment:

Esther said...

Isn't it frustrating to wait? I'll be praying for your dad today--be sure and update us with results.