08 June 2009

Stormy weather

Not much new on the homefront here. Thanks to now a third day of rain, I can hardly bring myself to get out of bed. blech. And thanks to some amazingly loud thunder in the middle of the night, I had Caleb in my side of the bed for a time. I sorta went back to sleep, so I'm not sure for how long, but he didn't need much convincing to go back to his own bed.

Thank goodness that Caleb has a battery powered alarm clock or this morning would have been a disaster. (For the record, I have one too; it just wasn't set.) When I heard the alarm from down the hall and realized that Jon's alarm clock was *Blinking* 4:53, everyone was out of bed in a flash. Thankfully no one was late.

I don't know what's with me. I thought that spring would make it better, and it's almost summer and that isn't the case. Blech. But I've gotten really good at faking it; have myself dressed and *some* housework done before 4pm when the boys arrive home. But really, all I want to do is stay in bed. It's raining, the house is cold, I'm tired.

School's finally finished on Thursday this week. Maybe that'll help. And my 8yo nephew, Sean is coming for a visit on the 20th. Actually, we're meeting my sister in Indiana to pick him up (they're in MI) and then we are going to visit my family in MI from the 28th till July 5th. So there are good reasons for me to get myself together, I just wish I felt like it.

1 comment:

Esther said...

I know what you mean! It's so hard to get energy in this kind of weather. I know we need the rain, but after three days I need some sunshine!