25 February 2009

Happy Birthday!

My dearest Caleb,

Today marks your seventh birthday. Where has the time gone! Seems like only yesterday your Daddy and I were so excited for your arrival.

I didn’t have the easiest time carrying you, but you have made every struggle worth it. The minute I held you, I was in love.

You had to stay in the hospital an extra two days after my doctor let me go home. I spent that first night without you wide awake, anxious and scared that something would happen to you when I wasn’t there. But your Daddy reminded me that the nurses were taking good care of you and better yet, God was watching over you.

Matthew has always loved you. When you were tiny, he’d do anything he could to make you smile and you loved it. He was very helpful to me in the early days when Daddy was in classes and at work till late and it was just me and the two of you. Be kind to your brother and you’ll always have one another.

I am more proud of you than you will ever know. You test me, but Grandma says that I deserve it. :) And that’s okay, I’m sure she’s right. You make me smile every day with the things that you are learning. Never stop laughing, it’s good for you. Your Daddy and I will always be here for you, no matter what, you can come to us. Remember to see the good in people and to put Jesus first in your life and you can never go wrong.

Happy Birthday my son!

Love you forever,
Mom

No comments: