22 March 2010

process

I'm still sorting through all that was placed on my heart at retreat. While I promise to tell you all about it in the next few days, I have to tell you this.

Satan did a number on me last week. He had me completely convinced that I could not do the job that was placed in my hands for retreat. And I was in the thick of believing it too; so much so that when the transmission on my van went out just hours before I was to leave, I seriously considered calling the director, who just happens to be my Pastor's wife, and telling her that I decided that I couldn't lead music after all and I needed to stay home.

I'm more glad than EVER that I went to retreat.

And while I'm working on telling you all those details, I have to share with you yesterday afternoon.

One good thing about our retreat location is that it was in the town where our church's music director and her husband live. And the one other time that ladies retreat was held there, we were invited to lunch at Shawn Del's as a group after conclusion of retreat on Sunday. And she is an amazing cook, so we don't say "no".

We're not idiots.

After an amazing lunch at Shawn Del's, I headed back to my brother-in-law's to return his vehicle, which he had graciously loaned me for the weekend. And Jas, if you read this, you still have my garage door opener....haha.

Anyway, I took what my husband calls "the long route" from the house back to the interstate and this song started to play from the CD changer in the car. I'd heard it before, but it had been awhile. It really spoke to me, and the entire ride home I just kept hitting the 'back' button to make it replay.

I just wanted to share it with you, since in a nutshell, it's a great way of kinda encapsulating my retreat experience.


1 comment:

ThinkFeminist said...

Nice of you posting this. hi there, I am your latest follower. You can also follow me at www.safehomehappymom.com

Your blog is really informative, I will be hanging around for awhile digging into archives.