17 March 2010

nerves

Retreat doesn't start for two more days. And I'm already in a shallow breathing kind of state of nerves.

Contrary to popular belief, you know because I tend to be bossy and I talk a LOT; I don't want the focus on me. And whether I like it or not, some of it will be.

This is definitely out of my comfort zone.

Can I ask you to just pray that my "gentleness be evident to all"?

I tend to get super anxious when the little plan in my head starts to fall apart, whether I have control or not. And let's face it; whether the praise and worship part of retreat goes well isn't all in my control. There's a pianist and a powerpoint person. And then there's me.

No, I won't go there.

Things happen. I need to deal, no matter what.

I hope all will go well. And retreat will be amazing no matter what. It will be full of fellowship and fun and most of all, GOD always meets us there.

That's my story and for the sake of my nerves, I'm sticking to it.

1 comment:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love your blog and just became a follower....Want to come back and read more ....Doing a little Sunday morning blog hopping...Its snowing here.
I have 2 GREAT GIVEAWAYS that I will draw for tonight ...
stop by and leave a comment...That's all that's needed.