20 November 2009

Seven Quick Takes Friday! 2nd edition



Good Morning!

Since I found myself with not much to write entire posts about this week, I've decided that Seven Quick Takes is the way to go.  So, here we go.....

1.  Caleb's conference went okay.  And just okay.  He seems to be a bit behind in reading and math, but maybe it's because he can't seem to pay attention long enough.  As I said before, his teacher is convinced that he's a smart boy with wonderful ideas, but she's at a loss to get him to get his work done.  He already occupies a seat as close to the board and to her desk as he can.  I don't know.  *sigh*

2.  Christmas Day is five short weeks from today.  FIVE!  That's anxiety inducing and exciting for me at the same time.  I get to see my family, and that's the exciting part, but the hassle that exists in trying to get Jon to give me a wish list for my mom, oy.  Gee, that was a long sentence, sorry!

3.  We've signed up to be a part of "Adopt a Family" for Christmas this year.  Again, more anxiety and excitement.  We're excited to be able to give to others, but I did wonder if Caleb's belief in the guy in the big red suit will stay intact through all this.  If it does, great, and if not, that's okay too.  We're anxiously awaiting the information about our family to get started shopping.  I hope they have little girls!

4.  I'm contemplating some Black Friday shopping this year.  Maybe I will, maybe I won't.  Jon will be home for the day, so I could get away with it.....

5.  Matthew's fruit sales for the band trip are going better than he (or I!) expected. (THANK YOU SO MUCH those who have ordered!!)  We also found out last week that he has a "trip sponsor" who is helping him to raise money for Orlando 2010.  That's a wonderful blessing!

6.  We have a weekend with NOTHING PLANNED!  You know, aside from our Saturday morning date, college football games (GO BLUE!), church on Sunday, cantata practice, and Packer football. As I said, nothing planned! haha

7.  And finally, I have to tell you that I was uber disappointed in the Project Runway finale last night.  Not that "Mean-a Irina" didn't have a great collection to put down the runway, but I really wanted Carol Hannah to win!  So I felt like I got robbed (ROBBED, I TELL YOU!) of precious sleep to stay awake to see it come down to that.  Oh, well.  And if you don't watch PR, you have no idea what this last paragraph was about anyway!  hah.  I'm excited for season 7 to start in January.

1 comment:

Esther said...

Let me know if you do decide to do Black Friday--I'm looking to score a cheap Wii that day. We could go togetha!