01 June 2009

Weekend Wear

Anyone else feel that the closer we get to summer, the faster the weekends go?!? Hopefully it isn't just OUR house that this is happening to, LOL.

This last weekend was NO exception. I was awaken at 3am on Friday.....Jon had a little issue with getting out of bed. He hit the wall. Well, in his defense, on his side of the room, there's a section of wall that juts out because it used to be the chimney path. I have to say that I wasn't as sympathetic as I could have been when I hear him grumbling, then I ask if he's okay and I start to giggle. I couldn't help myself.

He's so frustrated, and maybe in a teensy bit of pain, that he slams the bedroom door, stomps down to the bathroom and 2 minutes later, slams the door again. Ugh. By this time I'm awake and so when he gets back into bed and is asleep literally 45 SECONDS later, I lay and let him snore in my ear for about an hour and a half. Then I just gave up and came downstairs.

Busy finding myself things to do, the next thing I know it's 2:30pm. Which ordinarily wouldn't be a big deal except that I had volunteered to help at the teen lock-in at my church from 7pm-7am. So there's suddenly no going to bed at 8pm when I had already been awake for 17 hours.

So by 5pm, the boys and I are headed to Appleton to switch cars with Jon and leave Caleb with him. Matthew and I arrive at the church in Green Bay by just after 6:30, pull into the parking lot and there are kids EVERYWHERE. I immediately start to panic that I don't have enough games for the slot of 12:30am-6:30am. (I wasn't the one who had made the "schedule".)

We gather the kids (the number was up for debate even yesterday morning....was it 32 or 35 teens?!?!) have some music and a devotion and then leave for the bowling alley while participating in a "road rally". I didn't drive for this, since I just had the Honda, but I read clues from shotgun for our "team". Can I say, that two things can really put your rally in a jam....having the business for clue #4 CLOSED, as in OUT OF BUSINESS and having the "shortcut" under construction! haha.

We arrive at the bowling alley for some cosmic bowling, pop and pizza. The group is made up of mostly girls, who decide that they are sick of bowling around 11pm, so we pack up and head back to church. From there we play mummy wrap relay, sardines, cell phone scavenger hunt and gross food game...to name just a few. And there were no pukers this year for the gross game...thank goodness!

By 5:15am, Pastor showed up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and we handed the group to him. After a run to the store for juice and milk, we ate donuts and headed home. Matthew and I sang and talked all the way home, but I have to say, I was still feeling pretty good by that point. Once I got to sleep around 9am, I was awaken twice; once by the recycling pickup and once by the neighbor boy telling Caleb, "You're not the boss of me. Shut up!"

We ate out for dinner, since I was too tired to cook. Then Matthew and I sorta vegged in front of a House MD marathon till 10pm. (I'd let him sleep till 2:30, I'm so nice!)

Yesterday involved Sunday school and morning service, of course, and then I had forgotten that there was evening service too. I had a roast in the oven so we drove home to eat (arrived around 1:30) and then at 3pm headed back to Green Bay. Caleb played the drums in the evening service and he did a great job!

And so here we are, at Monday morning again, and I missed my weekend. I'm gonna go take a nap. Yeah, right.

2 comments:

Esther said...

How is it that men fall asleep so fast? Dan does that too.
Whew--I'm tired just reading your post! We had a busy weekend too-- I loved reading your update!

amanda said...

what a weekend. when i was in fourth grade we had a sleep over at school and were forced to sleep. no fun. but your church's lock in sounds super fun! where do you go to church? :0)