16 January 2010

economic downturn

Seems that quite a few people in our neck of the woods are either wondering how long they'll keep their current job, or are actively looking for work due to layoff.

As of six o'clock on Friday evening, my husband joined the latter group.

We sorta saw it coming, as the company he was working for had a really tough year of 2009. Companies still needed IT guys to come in and work their magic, but not as often as before. Sales of new machines to individuals were pretty much non-existent for several months.

We saw it coming, but that doesn't make it sting any less.

I understand that the possibility exists for him to get called back to work, should business pick back up. He doesn't really see that as a viable option. He says he'll go, if he hasn't found something better before then, but his boss handled the whole "indefinite layoff" situation in a way that really makes having to go back hard to swallow.

We just ask for your prayers. Though it's been a few years, we've been down this road before. It's an anxious place, but not hopeless. We trust that God knows what we need; after all, His Word says that, doesn't it?

As we go about figuring out what to do next, I may not be here as often. I'll check in as often as I can and give you updates as we go along.

Thanks for understanding.

2 comments:

Missy said...

Oh Jen, I'm sorry. =(

I will definitely be praying for you.

Esther said...

You're in my prayers, friend!