22 July 2009

Plan


Don't ya just love it when a plan comes together?


I just had the best time with E, my blogging friend over at The Mommy Diaries. Today was the first time that we actually met face-to-face and she is SO NICE!


We live two towns apart, you see. Two fairly small, not -much -happening towns apart. I started reading her blog from another blog and she emailed me one day with "Where are you from? My traffic feed comes up from my town."


The response I sent to her was "I am in ______. Where are you??"


Imagine how excited we were to discover that it is INDEED a small world!


Early this week, she says, "So ya wanna get together this week?" Of course, I do! Duh!


Being that I am without transportation at the moment, our original plan to meet in the town between wasn't going to work out. So I suggested that she come to my tiny town...we'll have a picnic at the park!


Well, what do ya know, but it rained. That was okay, we'd just have an indoor picnic!


I have to add that her husband's reaction to the news that she was coming to my home made me chuckle. He was, let's say, a tad bit suspicious that I am not who I say I am. Even when E told him that she'd seen my picture, he wasn't convinced that I wasn't an ax murderer or something! Too funny!


Of course, she chose not to let his trepidation be any kind of a factor in whether or not we'd meet!


Her kids are just too cute and her boys and mine got along swimmingly! Oh, and she is GREAT too!


Thanks friend! Here's to many more picnics!

1 comment:

Esther said...

Awwwww. You're too sweet, friend! I had an awesome time too! I was a bit nervous, wondering if it would be awkward--not at all! We fell together like we'd been friends for YEARS. Let's not take so long to see each other again!