18 December 2010

most wonderful?

You know how if you can't say something nice, you shouldn't say anything at all? Well, that goes for the title of this post. Not necessarily the body of the post.

You've been warned.

The store has been insanely busy the last week or so. I know, I know, the Christmas rush is on. And most people are perfectly pleasant, wish others a "Merry Christmas" and that sort of thing.

Those aren't the ones.

You've seen them out and about, I'm sure. They're the ones circling the parking lot trying to get the closest space. Rushing in to the store like they're on fire. Slapping their purchases down on the counter without a word.

Or better yet, rolling their eyes and huffing loudly when there are more than 2 people in any one checkout line.

Didn't people learn to be patient in Kindergarten? Everybody gets a turn, cripes.

As a store employee, I smile and ask if they found everything okay. Would you like a bag for that item today? Thanks for coming in - have a great weekend!

What I really wanna say....my Mom told me to keep to myself.

How are you surviving the last minute Christmas rush?

1 comment:

BNM said...

oh yeah people can be rude and obnoxious and its not pretty!! Im praying for you thru the holiday season :)