1. Ever have your kid say something that had you cracking up and think "I have to write that down so we remember."? That was me this week. Except do you think that I actually took the time to do that? Nope. And now my swiss cheese brain can not remember what it was he said for anything! Figures.
2. We're following Bob Barker's advice today. Dina won't be happy about that, but Jon sure will. She's almost 9 months old and already been in heat once, and Jon wanted to put her out in the snow....he has no tolerance! haha. So, I'm taking her in this morning and we'll pick her up tomorrow morning after our breakfast date.
3. We had lunch with friends from Illinois this week and it was fun. Too short a time, but fun! And I got my fix of that adorable baby of theirs, whom I affectionately call "Hitler". Since he's so demanding of his poor mother and her time.
4. I (should) have a video clip to share with you next week of Matthew's first solo/ensemble performance. He worked very hard and he did great!
5. As his teacher and I
and frankly, anyone who knows him can attest, Caleb talks from the minute his eyes open till the minute they close at night. Gee, I wonder where he gets that?!? On Thursday morning, literally the first thing he said to me was "Mom, is my birthday this week, or next week?" When I said "next week", he said "oh, good!" I don't know what that means, haha.
6. Since I've been thinking about it for months, after a little extra encouragement from my friend, Missy, I've decided that I'm going to teach myself how to sew. My mom and my mother-in-law are both amazingly talented in that area, and my Mom even helped me make my Easter dress when I was in the sixth grade. I always wanted to be able to do more, so after thinking about it for a very long time, I'm taking the plunge. We're getting a sewing machine this weekend and I am SO excited!!
7. I'm glad it's the weekend, aren't you? For once, we don't have anything "extra" to do this weekend; or rather, it's Matthew who doesn't, so nobody has to chauffeur him anywhere! It's the first weekend in about four, so I know that he's looking forward to catching up on some missed sleep.
Have a great weekend!
Read more Quick Takes at Conversion Diary