2. Owning an older home is nothing if not challenging. It's been very dry in here, and try as they might, two small humidifiers really can't keep up. Thinking we were going to install a whole house humidifier with some of our tax return, we spent a chunk of money a couple of weeks ago at Home Depot. Guess what? The directions are backward. And when we had to call the company that had installed our furnace, he couldn't install the humidifier without more components. More parts= more money spent and that just doesn't work right now. So, we've boxed everything up and made a return trip to Home Depot. I wish I could get my brother to come over from MI and take care of it. It's just another project that we were sure we could complete and that hasn't been the case.
3. Caleb's had a
4. Speaking of Caleb, he turns eight this month. Man, I don't know how that happened at all. He was looking forward to getting out of a booster seat, but as of yesterday, he's about 7.5" too short. Maybe he can get to 80 pounds before he still has to be in a carseat at twelve. He's disappointed about that.
5. Anyone else looking forward to the start of the Winter Olympics? I'm so excited that it's kinda scary. Opening ceremonies, from figure skating and bobsled to downhill skiing, I love it all.
6. I won't complain about the fact that we got more snow this week, since we are not located in any mid-Atlantic state where they have the right to complain. I'm just really looking forward to being able to open the windows and let the fresh air in!
7. Matthew's away at a quiz meet this Saturday, will play in the brass ensemble for church on Sunday and then participate in his first Solo and Ensemble through the school this coming Thursday evening. Whew. Makes me tired just thinking about it!
Have a great weekend!