31 March 2009

One Thousand Gifts



“Every good and perfect gift is from above; coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17.


Oh my goodness, my heart is heavy this morning. I ache so much for little Stellan and his whole family. Please, I beg you, keep praying for this little guy.

I feel like that gives me even more reason to praise for the gifts that I have been given this week.

-We were able to do some yard clean-up before the storm on Saturday night. That was good because it was starting to drive me crazy.


-Every day, I'm hearing and seeing more varieties of birds in the area. That's a sure sign of spring.

-I am thankful for the power of prayer. Whether it's as I pray for someone or I sense that someone is praying for me, I know without a doubt that God answers prayer. In His way, in His time.

-Picking M up from track practice yesterday, I realized that I have now entered the "shuttle mom" stage of life. That means that my boy is growing up. I am thankful for the young man that he is and am excited to see what God is going to do in his life.

-C is easily distractable, and that isn't a quality that his teacher cares for so much. But I know that sometimes it is helpful to me. When he gets distracted, so do I sometimes and he can very easily help me forget my troubles and focus on my blessings.

-My brother is getting married tomorrow. While I am sad that I can't be there, I am excited to be able to welcome his wife and 4yo stepdaughter into our family. S is great, and Mom and Dad are very excited that D found someone to spend his life with.

-J is exactly who God intended for me. And I have always known that, but have been reminded of the fact in the last week or so. He's my exact opposite when it comes to almost everything; while that is uber frustrating at times, it does keep life interesting........hehehe.

That's what I have this morning. What are YOUR gifts that God has given you??



2 comments:

Missy said...

Thank you for reminding me that I need to be grateful for the little things.

Esther said...

Healthy children. Throughout the whole week, with Stellan so sick, I've embraced my fighting boys and clingy Emma, thanking God that they are healthy, happy, and at home with me!