03 May 2009

The more things change

On Friday, I showed Matthew the pictures that I posted for Flashback Friday this last week. When I asked him if he remembered me taking them, he looked a little sad.

When I asked him what he was thinking, he sighed and said, "The only thing I remember is that Daddy didn't come home at night until I was in bed. You know, because he was working AND going to school. You remember, right Mom?"

"I sure do," I told him. "And don't feel bad," I added. "Remember that now Daddy barely makes it home before Caleb goes to bed."

He chuckled and left the room.

That got me thinking. As frustrated as I get sometimes that Jon is overworked and underpaid, these days, most nights he *does* make it home before Caleb goes to bed.

In part, thanks to daylight savings time. But however it works, that's a good thing.

1 comment:

Esther said...

I understand so completely. The life of a Pastor's child is full of saying goodnight to Daddy when he leaves after supper to go to a meeting. It is hard.
I just want you to know that I really enjoy your blog. Don't get discouraged. I'd miss you if you were gone!