16 July 2010

sometimes you gotta laugh

or you're gonna cry.


Trust me when I tell you that I've done plenty of both in recent days.


The van was in the garage all week. Last night, I finally got clearance to drive it, as the problem seems to be not "drive threatening". That's good. I think.


We've had plenty of rain over the last several days. We spent a portion of Wednesday afternoon in the basement due to a tornado warning in our corner of the county. While we had the radio on for updates we were treated to a waterfall show. Seems that there is a fairly significant crack in the foundation on the west side of the house. Wonderful.


There also seems to be a leak in the roof over the bathroom. If you remember this post, you'll know that I was very happy with the new ceiling.



Now the ceiling looks like this:


I realize it could be worse, but COME ON!

And our 13 year old decided that since he was upset with me yesterday, he'd disappear. When I sent him a text telling him it was dinner time, I assumed he was just a block or so way up at the park. Imagine my surprise when his reply was that he was in the town thirteen miles away.

When I asked him what in the world he was thinking, he said "I was mad at you." Nice.

He's without any tv or computer games and chained to our property for a week. And his phone has been confiscated for an undetermined amount of time.

And the kicker was that he acted like it was no big deal that he took off without a word.

I don't wanna be a grown-up anymore.

2 comments:

The Dickson Family said...

That sucks! I dislike being a grown-up too! Hang in there, my friend!

Ethan, Zach, and Emma's Mom said...

HOW DID HE GET TO TOWN? Lord, have mercy. Praying for you, friend. Call me if you need to escape reality for a while!