21 August 2010

in the dark

Somewhere around 5:30 this morning, I noticed that there was something wrong.


I was hearing intermittent squeeking and couldn't decide if the fan in the window was just set out to not allow me to sleep or if it could be a squirrel outside the window perched on the deck roof.


About ten minutes later, Jon was awake and went downstairs. When he came back up to the bedroom, he had his flashlight and looked behind the door.


Next thing I hear is "Oh, great...you're gonna want to get under the blankets."


Yep, that's right.


A bat. A nasty, disease-ridden bat.


Behind our bedroom door.


Two seconds later, I heard the "thump, thump" of his shoe making contact with the creature.


Then I could finally sleep.

2 comments:

Kate Gef said...

Oh my gosh! This is why we have husbands! [Along with the many other reasons, of course.] Yuck!

Esther said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!