Super quick, here are my seven quick takes for this week!
1. One concert down and one to go. The middle school bands did a great job last night. Unfortunately, having only arrived 30 minutes ahead of schedule, we were unable to get good video. Dang it, if the girl in front of Matthew didn't sit up straight as soon as I was focused on him! :)
2. Caleb's concert is this morning and my in-laws are here. They attended Jon's neice's concert on Wednesday, Matthew's concert last night and will head home after Caleb's concert this morning. I need to get the fruit from the middle school fruit sale and then come home and get to my fifth, yep, the fifth batch of peanut butter cups!
3. Santa brings our family gift tonight! Woohoo! Actually, he already brought it in as far as the den closet, but it still needs wrapped by his trusty elves. heehee.
4. I get to see my family in five days! Woohoo! Can't wait! Pray for good driving weather on the 23rd, will you, pretty please?
5. My brother and his family are moving into their first home this weekend. That's exciting stuff. As I understand it, my sister-in-law is in the running for sainthood once this is all over. I *knew* that she was good for my brother! I can't wait to see the inside of the house, I'm almost as excited as when we bought our own home last year!!
6. Caleb's behavior is better in school. I am hopeful that he's turned a corner and seen that life without any toys or privileges is no fun. Every day this week has been without poor report, so that's good news! Of course, it makes me mad, because it just gave Jon more reason to be right. And as I told his mother, that man does not need ANY more reason to think that he knows all there is to know. (Love you, honey! :) )
7. By Sunday, we will have occupied our home for one year. It seems as though it was only yesterday that we were loading boxes upon boxes into the truck from our tiny apartment and headed here on a drizzly, cold day. And yet, at the same time, it seems as if we've never lived anywhere else. Now it'd just be good to meet some of the parents that our boys go to school with, since this is where they will graduate. Takes time, I guess. I'm just impatient and hate feeling like an outsider.
Okay, that's it! Got to go! Have a great weekend!